How Calxa can help manage the NDIS checklist
Are your systems ready for the NDIS?
Having the right systems in place well in advance of the change will allow you to get the processes right and give you the information you need to run your organisation successfully in this time of change. The more you can integrate, the more you can automate, the more time you will have to focus on servicing clients.
Is your accounting system up to date?
- Are you running the latest version with the most time-saving features?
- Are your bank accounts reconciled? Bank feeds will help with this.
- Do your debtors and creditors need cleaning up?
- Is your Balance Sheet reconciled and correct?
- Are all your BAS and reporting requirements up to date?
How will you manage your clients?
- Have you researched a CRM/Case Management system?
- Will it integrate to your accounting software? Manual transfer of data between systems is a source of delay and error.
How will you manage invoicing?
- Is your accounting software sufficient?
- Will your CRM/Case Management System provide this?
- Will those invoices flow through to your accounting system?
If you don’t have a CMS managing your client invoicing, Calxa can help you fast-track your claims by uploading your MYOB AccountRight activity bills. Read this help note NDIA Bulk Claims Uploads to see how it works.
How will you manage rosters and payroll?
- Will the system track time and costs against each activity or service?
- Does it integrate to your accounting software?
Check out rostering systems like easyEmployer.
How will you do your Management Reporting?
- Will your system give you monthly budgets by activity or service?
- Will it give you regular unit costs of each activity?
- How will you forecast cashflow?
- Is the reporting system integrated with your accounting software?
- How well does it automate and simplify the reporting process?
Many not-for-profits will be able to manage the increased transactional environment by extending main-stream accounting systems like MYOB with some add-on technology. If you feel you are outgrowing this ecosystem, you may need to look at an ERP system. Read our blog ERP Systems – Fit for Purpose?
If you’re still in preparation mode and need to understand how to do Unit Costing, download the free eBook Unit Costing for Dummies to get you started with your pricing modelling.
Discover how Calxa can help you manage your reporting for the National Disability Insurance Scheme.