At Calxa we always value the contributions of our Accredited Partners. Their role in getting customers started is pivotal in enhancing that Calxa experience. Setting up the right mix of reports, customising templates and KPIs and general trouble shooting are just some of the skills they master. Customers can engage them for on-site consultations, remote sessions and as of this month to join them for a classroom training course.
Pam Chilman of AMC Training Centre is a seasoned Calxa partner with many years of teaching budgeting and cashflow forecasting behind her. She has put together a carefully planned out schedule..
The morning is based on building good foundations, kick-starting budgets both overall and per project and understanding the flexibility of the product. This is an important block to getting quality information in your reporting. It will tie in correct set up of your MYOB to kick-starting your budgets in Calxa. Focusing on the right structure of the chart of accounts and the job list sets the scene for what Calxa can do for you. The morning session covers:
- The foundations of budgeting
- Linking your data and understanding the key integration points
- Laying good foundations in your accounting software
- Terminology and settings
- Setting, maintaining and modifying a Budget
- Working with overall and divisional or project budgets
- Key reports to use, incl. saving, sending and working with multiple reports
- Introduction to Account Trees
- Setting up and working with the Cashflow features
2. Extending Calxa
The second part of the day builds on the morning’s knowledge to really ramp up and make use of the full potential of the product to assist with automating your budgets and cashflow. Following on from the morning session, the second part of the training is a great way to complement the Calxa knowledge. This session also suits the more astute Calxa user in expanding on existing knowledge. It covers topics such as:
- Working with multiple budgets
- KPIs – understanding and working with existing KPIs and creating your own,
- Automating reports using bundling,
- Expanding your use of Account Trees, and work with practical examples
- Reporting – consolidations
- Customising reports
- Unit cost reporting
- The latest features recently added
The course “Learn Calxa in a Day” will go live on the 27th November in Canberra at the AMC Training Centre. Launching this modular one-day Calxa course adds to AMC Training Centre’s extensive course schedule specialising in computerised accounting software and Microsoft Office courses.
It has been a while since we were able to offer a Calxa training course, naturally we are keen to make this a success for Pam and her team. So if you are based in Canberra (or are visiting by chance) sign up for the course to make your Calxa reporting even more amazing.
If you are interested in getting just the manual, Pam is taking expression of interests now and will be in touch with details.