We take privacy protection seriously
Collection of your Personal Information
The Personal Information we collect via the Websites and Applications includes:
- Information collected when you sign up for a trial subscription or purchase a subscription;
- any messages or comments you submit to us via these Websites or to email addresses displayed on these Websites, which may include Personal Information such as name, email address and telephone number;
- the content of electronic forms you submit via the Websites, for example to make purchases, for enquiries or to provide feedback;
- information collected when you subscribe to and use Calxa email discussion lists which may include such Personal Information as your name and contact details;
- You may browse some information-only areas of these Websites without providing any Personal Information, however we may not be able to provide the full range of services through the Applications if we are not provided with the information outlined above.
Use and disclosure of your Personal Information
We respect your privacy and will not share your Personal Information with other individuals or organisations, except in accordance with this policy. Calxa operates through its employees and contractors in providing our services to you and carrying out your requests, and while providing those services we may share your Personal Information with other associated organisations. We may also share your Personal Information with third party service providers including organisations that assist us by providing consulting, information technology, and electronic payment services. In addition to providing our services to you and carrying out your requests, we will only use or disclose the Personal Information we collect about you:
- for the purposes for which it was collected or related purposes within reasonable expectations, including the identification of collaborative opportunities;
- where you have consented to its use or disclosure;
- for IT support purposes;
- for purposes related to our research, planning, service development, security and risk management;
- to the extent that we are required or authorised by law to do so.
We may use your Personal Information to provide you with information on Calxa events or products that you may be interested in and that we believe is relevant to you. You can notify us if you do not wish to receive such information at [email protected].
Calxa does not currently aggregate any customer data but may do so in the near future to provide you and our other customers with benchmarks. This information will always be de-personalised and it will not be possible to identify individual businesses from any benchmarking data we provide.
How we handle email and “Contact us” messages
Third Party Tools
We use a number of third party tools which may collect data about you so that we can improve the services we offer you. Currently these include:
Our sites use Google Analytics to collect and analyze information about the use of our services. We may use this information, in combination with other information you provide, to improve the services we offer and to improve your experience. Google Analytics may also collect information about the use of other websites, apps and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners , and may opt-out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Links to external websites
We have implemented appropriate measures to protect the security and integrity of your Personal Information. However, you should be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. So, while we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us online and you should do so at your own risk. Once any Personal Information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. If you make an online financial transfer on these Websites, we take the additional step of using 128-bit encryption technology to protect the security of your Personal Information. Before using these facilities, you should confirm that you are using a web-browser that supports 128-bit encryption. In many web-browsers, you can confirm that your session is encrypted by the appearance of a locked padlock symbol on the foot of the browser.
There has never been any breach of security of our systems or loss of customer data. We will notify any affected customers as soon as is practical if we do ever discover a breach. If a breach involves personal information that is likely to result in serious harm, we have committed to notifying the Australian Information Commissioner of such a breach as soon as practical. Any serious breach affecting customers or your data will be notified at status.calxa.com.
Access to information
If you wish to request access to any Personal Information which we hold about you because of our information collection practices outlined in this Website Privacy Statement, please contact us using the “Contact details” set out below. Please provide as much detail as you can about the information you seek to help us retrieve it.
If you have any questions or feedback about privacy, wish to make a query about your Personal Information or complaint about the way in which we have handled your Personal Information, you may contact us as set out below:
Calxa Pty Ltd
8/139 Sturt Street
TOWNSVILLE CITY, QLD 4810