The latest MYOB Incite roadshow sported the theme Today Defines Tomorrow. After almost three weeks of traversing Australia and New Zealand attending the MYOB Incite events, meeting lots of interesting people, and learning lots of new things, we thought it might be a good time to reflect on our learnings. Here’s what we took away from MYOB Incite.
Today Defines Tomorrow
It has certainly been a busy and exciting year for MYOB, and those associated in the accounting software space. A summary from MYOB’s perspective reveal some impressive numbers.
- 2.1 million smart bills uploaded
- 250 million bank feeds
- 47% growth in online subscriptions
- 3500 API partners
- 80% resolution on first support calls
Whilst the historical numbers are certainly impressive, what is even more remarkable is the impending releases and future plans for the coming year.
- New Partner Dashboard & Portal
- New Look Partner program
- $57 million planned for R&D in 2016
- Further enhancements to SME platforms, such as Essentials & AccountRight Live
The Connected Practice
Underpinning the whole theme of this event, was the “Connected Practice” and the ability to tie together solutions for the modern practice.
- Automated & Accurate Transaction Processing
- Seamless Integration between the business ledger, the accountant’s ledger & the tax office to aid compliance
- Advisory Services, and the huge opportunity that is now available to practices, to leverage off the automation of mundane transactional and compliance tasks.
Transaction Processing / Compliance / Advisory
“The adoption of online and mobile technology is having big impacts on the accounting profession. We are seeing effects and opportunities in three areas: transaction processing, compliance and advisory. These three accounting workflows are now more closely intertwined than ever before, creating innovative new possibilities for practices and their clients.”, says MYOB CEO Tim Reed.
We are very pleased to be front and centre in the advisory space. The seamless integration of Calxa to all MYOB platforms allows accounting professionals to provide even greater insights into their clients’ business. With the core data now more accessible and accurate than ever, due to advancements of technology, it has never been easier for accounting professionals to provide cost effective and timely business advice to their clients.
So that’s a wrap. If you were unable to attend one of the capital city or regional events, then you can still register for their online Live2Air event on March 11th.
And just for fun, why don’t you check out our Highlights Reel from the last couple of weeks. If you look closely, you may even see a famous face right at the end (and we don’t mean Mick or Paul).